Grasshopper Adventures Announces Diverse Cycling Tour of Sri Lanka
(Bangkok, Thailand) — On this week-long cycling tour of Sri Lanka, guests will bike from the highlands to the coast, discovering the rich history, delicious cuisine, and welcoming people of this small but diverse country. Riders will weave through tea plantations, tour the city of Kandy and The Sacred Relic of the tooth of Buddha, explore Yala National Park (elephants, leopards, buffalo, and monkeys), hike the Sinharaja Rainforest Reserve (UNESCO World Heritage Site), and relax on the southern coast. This trip covers 320 km by bicycle and starts at $2,300 USD per person. For more information, visit the Sri Lanka by Bike tour page.
“This is a week in paradise,” said Grasshopper Adventures Founder, Adam Platt-Hepworth. “Not only does this trip offer some of the most beautiful cycling in South Asia, it also includes amazing lodging, food to remember, and a cultural experience like no other.”
- Visiting the Temple of the Tooth, where the sacred tooth relic is placed with its supporting stories
- Taking a train through the beautiful tea country hills
- Cycling through tea plantations and sampling delicacies like fresh dates and dried corn crackers
- Touring Yala National Park by Jeep and hiking to World’s End Lookout
- Trekking in the Sinharaja Rainforest Reserve
- Descending from the rainforest to the beaches of the southern coast
Grasshopper Adventures offers an exciting range of other multi-day cycling tours in Sri Lanka. Bike through the scenic tea plantations of the Hill Country, absorb the history of ancient Sri Lanka on the dry plains of the Cultural Triangle, or relax in gorgeous Galle and the beaches of the south. History, culture, amazing landscapes, friendly faces and one of the highest rates of biological endemism in the world – Sri Lanka has all this and more.
About Grasshopper Adventures: Grasshopper Adventures is a cycling and active travel specialist, headquartered in Bangkok. They host more than 25,000 travelers of all ages and abilities, on tours ranging from one day to two weeks in Japan, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, China, Uzbekistan, Taiwan, Bhutan & Myanmar.