Ireland on a Multi-sport Vacation
Ireland is a paradise for lovers of the outdoors; combining a variety of outdoor pursuits into a multi-sport Irish vacation is the best way to fully experience the culture and terrain of the entire island. Tourism Ireland provides a central location at its website with information about many outdoor activities and includes itinerary planning and online booking.
The great outdoors of the Irish countryside beckons—come enjoy an old hobby, or take up a new one. Here are some of the adventures that await:
* Golf—Ireland offers more golf than any country of comparable size on the planet. This is a golfer’s paradise!
* Walking—Escape on foot alone or with a group. Ireland’s diverse landscape makes it ideal for walking holidays.
* Cycling—Peddle through the magnificent Irish countryside on quiet country roads.
* Angling—Ireland’s rich network of canals, loughs, rivers, and the surrounding sea offers ample opportunities for fishing.
* Equestrian—High quality riding facilities, a lively equestrian scene and spectacularly pretty countryside make Ireland an increasingly popular choice for an equestrian holiday.
* Cabin Cruising—Traffic-free lakes and canals form the perfect environment for pleasure cruising.
* Water Sports—Ireland is renowned for its’ clean, safe beaches, its’ breaks and swells, and hundreds of lake and rivers.
“If you think you have reached out to the extremes of the landscape of Ireland in one visit, ‘tis not until your feet have covered one sod of soil and your bike wheels another, the salt fresh waters have dried your mouth and the food has revived it again, then, and then only can you feel you have come close to an extreme or maybe a dream,” says Jennifer J. Crouser, guide for Outdoor Active Company based in Ireland.